Union Pacific Stack Train at Pleasanton Ridge
I was driving on I680 when I saw containers next to the freeway. Uuuuuuuh, shiny! A train!
Naturally, I had to get off the freeway and take a closer look. When I caught up with the train, it was slowly creeping to a stop for a red signal at CP FO38 at the south end of the siding from CP Hearst, just a couple miles north of Sunol.
UP 7791, an AC45CCTE, is hanging out in the sun.
There was a single mid-train helper: UP 7083, an AC44CW, mostly in the shade of lineside trees.
The train extends a couple cars beyond the turnout at CP Hearst. The siding is 4,175 ft long, which puts the train at about three quarters of a mile, or 1250 meters.
The maximum train length on most lines in Germany is 700 meters. Yes, those American trains are long ...






Comments
Post a Comment